15 Absorbing Facts | Amazing Facts 4U
- It costs amazing $25,000 for a mountaineer to buy a single permit to climb Mt. Everest.
- Germany builds about twice as much cars as the U.S., while paying its workers twice as much.
- The Netherlands is the only country in the world to have compulsory private health insurance. Premiums are not based on age or health status, but on income & are on average $125 per month.
- Microsoft receives up to $8 per Android device sold in royalties.They made $ 3.4 billion in 2013.
- Amazing fact is the planet Neptune was mathematically predicted before it was directly observed, based on the orbit of Uranus.
- A vulcanized rubber object, like a truck tire, is in fact a single giant molecule.
- Amazingly in Switzerland, if you fail your practical driver’s license test 3 times, you are required to consult an official psychologist to assess the reasons for your previous failures before you are allowed to retake the exam.
- A female shorebird was recently found to have flown 7,145 miles nonstop from Alaska to New Zealand in nine days, without taking a break for food or drink.
- During WWII when Hitler visited Paris, the French cut the lift cables on the Eiffel Tower so that Hitler would have to climb the steps if he wanted to visit the summit. Hitler never went on the Eiffel Tower.
- In fact chainsaw resistant clothing exists. When the chainsaw touches the fabric, it cuts thru the outer shell. Inside are long Kevlar fibers that are designed to be pulled into the saw and jam it, preventing further injury.
- The grip of a sloth is so amazingly strong that sometimes when they die, they are found still clinging to the very branch they were lounging from when they were alive.
- Syphilis been called the French disease in Italy, Poland, and Germany and the “Italian disease” in France. The Dutch called it the “Spanish disease”, the Russians called it the “Polish disease”, the Turks called it the “Christian disease” and the Tahitians the “British disease”.
- A guy in Arizona wrote his address on $1 bills pleading that they be sent back to him and he gets them back from all over the world, up to $94/month.
- Amazingly in the Victorian era they had special tea cups that protected your mustache from getting dunked in your tea.
- A Nepali farmer was bitten by a cobra and the farmer bit the cobra back. The cobra died but the farmer didn’t.
By Amazing Facts 4U Team