15 Captivating Facts | Amazing Facts 4U
- Amazing thing is the IRS has instructions for employees on how to collect taxes after a nuclear war.
- Fact is it takes at least eight bees all their life to make one single teaspoonful of honey.
- India was one of the only two contingents, America being the other, which refused to salute Adolf Hitler during the opening ceremony of the 1936 Berlin Olympics.
- The US Government has rigorous specs for the pens it buys. They ought to be assembled by blind people, the pens must be able to write for a mile and in temps 160 F to -40 F, are designed to fit undetected into uniforms, can stand in for a two inch fuse, and be used for an emergency tracheotomy.
- When Winston Churchill was warned by the German foreign minister that if WWII were to occur, the Italians would be on the German side, he responded: “That’s only fair . We had them last time.”
- In 1948, the Nobel Prize in Peace was not awarded. The Nobel Foundation’s website suggests that it would have been awarded to Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, however, due to his assassination earlier that year, it was left unassigned in his honor.
- Amazing fact is that the “proof” for 1+1 = 2 is 372 pages long and was not proven until the 20th century.
- An astronaut once punctured his space suit while on a space walk and didn’t notice it until he finished. It was just a little 1/8 inch hole, so there was no fatal explosive decompression. Amazingly he survived because the skin of the astronaut’s hand partially sealed the opening. He bled into space, and his coagulating blood sealed the opening enough.
- Liquid helium has zero viscosity and can flow through microscopic holes and up walls against gravity.
- Nazi soldiers burned civilians alive in the town of Oradour-sur-Glane during WW2. Charles de Gaulle ordered that the ruins not be removed, and the empty town still exists as it was in June 1944.
- India’s richest person, Mukesh Ambani, built a $2 billion home. It has 27 habitable floors, including six parking floors for capacity of up to 168 cars. The house employs a staff of 600 to maintain the home.
- Amazing fact is NASA Vehicle Assembly building’s interior volume is so vast that it has its own weather, with rain clouds forming below the ceiling on very humid days.
- When news of the Pearl Harbor attack arrived at Hitler’s headquarters, one of the assembled Nazi generals embarrassedly asked the rest of the group where Pearl Harbor was. Nobody was able to answer him and a world map had to be consulted.
- A Groom forgot his wedding pants in the dressing room of a Minnesota clothier and flew to Costa Rica for his wedding. The clothier sent his daughter on an 11-hour flight to deliver the pants personally because UPS and FedEx said they could not help.
- According to the Christian history 3 of the 12 apostles (original 12 disciples chosen by Christ) are buried in Turkey and one is buried in India. The Santhome Basilica, Santhome in Chennai houses the tomb of Thomas the Apostle.
By Amazing Facts 4U Team