15 Delightful Facts | Amazing Facts 4U
- U.S. President James Buchanan regularly used to buy slaves in Washington, D.C. and quietly freed them in Pennsylvania.
- North Korea uses a fax machine to send threats to South Korea.
- Antifreeze is made artificially bitter because the original sweet taste makes it perfect for murdering/poisoning people.
- The WWII British code breakers had in fact discovered the German’s preparations for invasion of the USSR. Although this information was passed to the Soviet government, Stalin refused to believe it.
- Burma had an economic crisis in the late 80s and the president amazingly decided to cancel any currency that wasn’t divisible by 9 (his favorite number).
- The tomb complex of the Biblical King Herod was found nearly two hundred years ago, but his actual resting place remained elusive until this past decade, due to the complex’s size. The lowest portion of the complex in itself covers approximately 40 acres.
- Amazingly Chisels used to be handed out to people visiting Stonehenge, so they could chip away at the ancient monument to get their own souvenirs.
- The record for most passengers on an airplane was set in 1991 when 1086 Ethiopian Jews were evacuated on a Boeing 747 to Jerusalem. The plane in fact landed with 1088 passengers as two babies were born during the flight.
- In Japan gambling is illegal. The way they get around the law is by giving out prizes instead of cash, which the winner can then sell back to the establishment for cash.
- Amazing fact is that if you rub a grasshopper’s hind leg for five seconds every minute for four hours, it will trigger its brain to transform, swarm, and become a locust.
- John Cazale (Fredo Corleone from “The Godfather”) amazingly appeared in only five films during his lifetime. All five were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture. Three of them won.
- Government vehicles in Cuba are legally required to pick up any hitchhikers.
- A Chinese pop star named Sa Dingding sings in Sanskrit (ancient language of India).
- Somen Debnath is an Indian who has been cycling around the world for nine years, has already visited 80 countries and plans to visit 190 countries by 2020 to spread AIDS awareness.
- In February 2011 a 82 year women , resident of Memphis, Tennessee named Jean Wilson who ordered pizza every day for 3 years straight was saved by a Domino’s pizza employee Susan Guy who suspected something wrong when she failed to place an order for 3 days. The poor woman had fallen down the stairs and was immobilized and couldn’t reach her telephone and simply had to wait for a miracle to happen.
By Amazing Facts 4U Team