15 Exciting Facts | Amazing Facts 4U
- The inventor of the television in fact didn’t let his own children watch TV.
- Alfred Nobel invented dynamites. When he was declared dead by mistake in 1888, newspapers published obituaries that said “the merchant of death is dead.” Ashamed to leave such a legacy, he left the money he made from dynamites to celebrate humanity; thus created the Nobel Prize.
- The most complex eyes throughout the animal kingdom belong to the mantis shrimp, who can manipulate light polarization throughout its entire visible spectrum. Amazingly that’s at least 10x as many colors in our visible spectrum.
- Amazing fact is that in between the two runways in Bangkok’s Don Mueang International Airport (14th busiest airport in the world) is a fully functioning golf course. Golfers are held back by a red light whenever a planes land.
- Amazingly in 2007, a man in Florida woke up with a severe headache. When he went to the hospital they found a bullet in his head. It turned out that his wife had shot him in the head while he was sleeping.
- The V-2 rocket in WW2 in fact killed more people during production than as a weapon. 12,000 forced workers died making them while 9,000 died from the attacks.
- There is an Australian band called “The Beards.” Amazingly every single one of their 38 songs is about beards.
- There are 7 people in world surviving from the 1800s.
- The Polish government awards a “Medal for Long Marital Life” to couples who have been married longer than 50 years with at least one child, either their own or adopted.
- 70% of the land in England is in fact still owned by 1% of the population, largely descended from William the Conqueror’s army.
- Daisy Outdoor Products was company that in 1886 sold windmills and gave a complementary BB guns with every purchase. Amazingly the BB guns became so popular that they stopped selling windmills and started selling BB guns.
- If Wal-Mart and its employees were a country they would be, population-wise, bigger than 95 actual countries and hold the 25th largest economy in the world.
- Zombie Birds are a species that have learned to track down tiny bats, split open their skulls, and feed on their brains.
- The phrase “show your true colors” was coined centuries ago when ships in fact used to fly false national flags to get close to enemies and then switch to their “True” colors just before attacking.
- In 1966, a Beluga whale swam up the Rhine river in Germany as far as Bonn. The skippers who first saw the whale in fact had to take blood alcohol tests after reporting it.
By Amazing Facts 4U Team