15 Exciting Facts | Amazing Facts 4U
- Amazing fact is that when Jai Singh, Maharaja of a princely state of India, visited the Rolls-Royce showroom in London, he felt insulted when the salesman implied that he couldn’t afford to purchase the car. He purchased ten, shipped them to India, and ordered to use them for collecting and transporting garbage.
- There is a 2400 year old giant “honey mushroom” in Oregon, covering 2200 acres, slowly killing off the trees in the forest . It is the largest living organism on the planet.
- Wladimir Klitschko auctioned off his 1996 Olympic gold medal in March 2012 for charity. The buyer paid $1 million, but amazingly returned it because he wanted it to stay in his family.
- Alexander the Great was embalmed in a coffin filled with honey.
- When a frog swallows its prey, it blinks, which pushes its eyeballs down on top of its mouth to help push the food down its throat.
- Nazis kidnapped hundreds of thousands of Polish children that they deemed to be racially superior to other children, and forcibly Germanized them. Only 10-15% kids ever returned back home.
- Amazing fact is that in Sweden , a mechanism has been set up to harvest the body heat of commuters passing through Stockholm’s Central Station to provide heat for an office building across the road from it.
- In Auschwitz, an SS guard fell in love with a Jewish prisoner. He saved her life multiple times and in return, she testified on his behalf during his post-war trial.
- Amazingly on 5 April, 2010, there were four women in space at the same time. This was the largest female gathering off the planet.
- Studies have found that breathing the air in Mumbai for on the day of festival of Diwali is amazingly equivalent to smoking 113 cigarettes due to fire crackers.
- There are many untouched plane wrecks in various parts of United Kingdom dating back to World War 2 and it’s amazing that removal is forbidden.
- A baby elephant sucks its trunk like a baby sucks its thumb for comfort.
- A supermarket chain in the Netherlands has a policy that if all queues have 4 people in them and not all checkout lanes are open yet, then you get your groceries for free.
- There is a town in the New Mexico called Truth or Consequences.
- Vulcan Point in the Phillipines is an island within a lake on an island within a lake on an island.
By Amazing Facts 4U Team