15 Interesting Facts | Amazing Facts 4U
- Obese people who are too big for MRI machines at hospitals are in fact sent to Sea World to image them using machines designed for zoo animals.
- An artist named Pierre Brassau exhibited a series of paintings in 1964 to critical acclaim. However, “Pierre Brassau” was in fact a chimpanzee. Even after the hoax was revealed, a critic declared that the chimp’s painting was still the best in the exhibition.
- A dolphin named Pelorus Jack amazingly guided ships in New Zealand through treacherous waters until his disappearance in 1912.
- Since 2006 pennies and nickels have had a production cost greater than their face value. This has resulted in a net loss to taxpayers of $440 million.
- There is a breed of chicken called the Silkie, which has black skin and black bones.
- Amazingly a book named Agrippa was released in 1992 that can only be read once before it destroys itself. It also includes a floppy disk with a 300 word poem designed to corrupt itself after a single read. It cost $450.
- Scopolamine also known as Devil’s Breath, is a drug that south American criminals blow into the face of victims to turn them into compliant ‘zombies,’ who will empty their bank accounts & hand over their valuables when asked, then retain no memory of any of the events later, leaving the criminals unidentified.
- Coconut water is Isotonic and Sterile . For this reason, in undeveloped countries it has been in fact injected directly into the blood stream as a plasma substitute by IV.
- In New York, a woman saved a little boy’s life giving him CPR after being hit in the chest with a baseball bat. Amazing fact is that about 7 Years later, in 2006 that very same boy saved her from choking to death by giving her the heimlich maneuver in a restaurant where he worked.
- In 1998, Serena and Venus Williams said they could beat any man ranked 200 or worse in a game of tennis. Karsten Braasch, a German player ranked No 203 accepted the challenge. He defeated Serena, 6-1 and Venus 6-2 in a one set each fight.
- Adwaita was a tortoise born in 1750 before the USA existed and died at the ripe old age of 255 on March 23rd, 2006 . He was once the pet of General Robert Clive of the British East India Company until he committed suicide in 1774. It was given to the Alipore Zoo Kolkata India in 1875. There he spent the remainder of his life until a crack on his shell led to an infection and he passed away from liver failure. Carbon dating confirmed his age.
- ‘Blood Feuds’ are still active in Albania. If someone kills someone, the family then kills someone from their family and it goes back and forth. The only safe haven is your home. Some feuds are decades old, and some children hardly leave their home to stay safe.
- Between 1966 and 1970, Warner Bros. and Atlantic Records, Elektra Records, Nonesuch Records, and DC Comics were all acquired by a company that ran parking lots. This company later became Warner Communications, and eventually Time Warner.
- Amazingly a company in India makes paper products out of elephant dung.
- Despite never having received naval training or participating in naval combat prior to the war, and constantly being outnumbered and outsupplied, it was amazing that Admiral Yi Sun Shin defeated 333 Japanese ships with only 13 Korean ships at the Battle of Myeongnyang in 1597.
By Amazing Facts 4U Team