15 Amazing and Interesting Facts about Animals in Sea | Amazing Facts 4U
- Amazing fact is up to 1 million species live in the world’s oceans. 2/3 rd are yet to be described.
- The giant crab of Japan can be as large as 12 feet across.
- It’s amazing that a shark can detect one part of blood in 100 million parts of water.
- Amazingly sharks lose more than 6000 teeth a year and lost teeth can be replaced within 24 hours.
- The largest eggs in the world are laid by a shark.
- Amazing fact is Sharks & Rays never get sick. They are immune to every disease including cancer possibly due to absence of bone.
- Amazingly the giant squid is the largest creature without a backbone. It weighs up to 2.5 tons and grows up to 55 feet long.
- At 15 inches the eyes of giant squids are amazingly the largest on the planet. No one knows how squids can change color!
- Squids can fly! Squids actually take in water and expel it, using it for propulsion that makes them up to 5 times faster on air than on water!
- Sea otters have the thickest fur of all animals. Otters hold hands when sleeping so they don’t drift away from each other.
- Manatees are mammals and must surface to breathe every 5 to 10 Minutes or they will drown.
- Amazingly manatees is the only completely herbivorous marine mammal in the entire world.
- It’s amazing that an oyster can take five years just to make one pearl.
- The oyster is usually ambisexual. It begins life as a male, then becomes a female. It may go back and forth many times.
- Amazing fact is sea sponges can be broken down to a single cell and reassemble themselves! Essentially, one sea sponge could turn into multiple sea sponges within a matter of hours , can pass through a sieve and then reassemble!
By Amazing Facts 4U Team