15 Amazing Facts | Amazing Facts 4U
- Amazing thing is that the only Japanese who survived the Titanic, Masabumi Hosono, lost his job because he was labelled as a coward in Japan for not dying with the other passengers.
- Amazing fact is the Hercules beetle, despite weighing only 100 grams, can lift 8 kilograms, making it one of the proportionally strongest animals in the world.
- Fact is sand from the Sahara is blown by the wind all the way to the Amazon, recharging its minerals. The desert literally fertilizes the rainforest.
- Amazingly in Armenia, all children aged 6 and up are taught chess at school, as it is a mandatory part of their curriculum.
- Amazing fact is the first and the last British soldiers to die in WWI are coincidentally buried only 15 feet apart. In the 4 year period between their deaths, nearly a million other British/Commonwealth troops died.
- On April 1, 2007, Google sent an email to its employees warning that a python was loose in its New York Office. It was not a joke.
- Amazing fact is in 585 BC, a solar eclipse occurred in the middle of a battle between the Lydians and the Medes. They promptly ceased fighting and signed a peace treaty.
- The 2.3 million Americans currently jailed constitute the largest prison population in the world, and account for 25 percent of the global prison population.
- A genetic disease called Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva causes human tissue to turn into bone. “Sufferers are slowly imprisoned by their own skeletons.”
- Colorado switched mile marker “420″ to “419.99″ in order to stop people from stealing it.
- George Washington’s infamous wooden teeth were actually human teeth from slaves.
- According to a Japanese poll in the year 2000, the Japanese believe that their best invention of the twentieth century was instant noodles.
- Layne Staley (former lead singer of Alice in Chains) was found over a week after he died not because his friends or family notified someone, but because his accountant noticed he hadn’t withdrawn money from his account in a week.
- The murder rate in Honduras is so high that some cities have started offering a program for free funerals. There is a violent death in Honduras every 74 minutes.
- Scientist Nikola Tesla drank whiskey every day, because he thought it would make him live to 150.
By Amazing Facts 4U Team