15 Amazing and Little-Known Facts About Artists | Amazing Facts 4U
- John James Audubon from USA painted amazing 435 watercolors of birds in his life time. He made it his life’s work to paint a picture of every species of bird in America.
- Frederic-August Bartholdi sculpted The Statue of Liberty.
- In all of Dali’s paintings you can find a self-portrait. That is, if you look hard you will see at-least a silhouette of Dali himself.
- Amazing fact is that Leonardo da Vinci spent 12 years painting just the Mona Lisa’s lips.
- Amazingly Leonardo Da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
- Leonardo da Vinci was a painter, sculptor, architect, scientist, mathematician, engineer, and anatomist.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented high heels.
- Leonardo da Vinci was a vegetarian and animal rights activist, he would buy caged birds and set them free.
- Michelangelo’s father was horrified when he found out he had decided to become an artist. Fact is he was often beaten to have brought disgrace to the family by becoming an artist.
- It’s amazing that Picasso’s full name has 23 words. Picasso could draw before he could walk, and his first word was the Spanish word for pencil.
- When young and impoverished, Pablo Picasso kept warm by burning his own paintings.
- Pablo Picasso loved animals. Through his adult life he owned a pet monkey, an owl, a goat, a turtle and packs of dogs and cats. He was known to leave his studio windows open and to paint the pigeons that flew through.
- Amazing fact is that famous Dutch artist Vincent Van Gogh produced more than 2000 works during his life time but could sell only one painting ( Red Wineyard) in his lifetime and that to his brother .
- Amazingly Artist Vincent Van Gogh painted a picture a day in the last 70 days of his life.
- Vincent Van Gogh committed suicide suffering mental breakdown while painting Wheat Field with Crows at the age of 37.
By Amazing Facts 4U Team