15 Amazing Coincidences ( Part 1) | Amazing Facts 4U
- The English Dennis the Menace and the American Dennis the Menace were developed completely independently of each other and were amazingly published on the same day on opposite sides of the Atlantic on 12 March 1951. The two characters had nothing in common and both became immensely popular without any copyright issues..
- In the 1920s, three Englishman were traveling separately by train through Peru. At the time of their introduction, they were the only three men in the railroad car. Amazingly one man’s last name was Bingham, and the second man’s last name was Powell. The third man announced that his last name was Bingham-Powell. None were related in any way.
- By coincidence, a married couple was photographed at the same place and time at Disney World 15 years before they met. They were from different countries. It was amazing for them to discover this photo after marriage.
- In 1858, Robert Fallon was shot dead by those with whom he was playing poker claiming he had won the $600 pot through cheating. They found a new player to take Fallon’s place and staked him with the dead man’s unlucky $600. When the police arrived , the new player had turned the $600 into $2,200 in winnings. The police demanded the original $600 to pass on to Fallon’s next of kin , only to discover amazingly that the new player was Fallon’s son, who had not seen his father in seven years!
- A 10 year old girl named Laura Buxton from Blurton, Staffordshire, England released a balloon with her name and address on it, which floated 140 miles and in fact landed in the back yard of a house where there also lived a 10 year old girl named Laura Buxton.
- A computer error gave two women in America called Patricia the same social security number. When the two women were brought together in an office to rectify the blunder they amazingly discovered that both had been born with the names Patricia Ann Campbell , both of their fathers were called Robert Campbell, both had same birthdays 13th March 1941, both married military men in the year 1959 within eleven days of each other , both had two children aged 19 and 21 ,both had studied cosmetics and both had worked as book-keepers.
- In a unique coincidence of history, both US founder presidents John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on July 4th, 1826, exactly 50 years to the day after the signing of the declaration of independence which both had finalized .
- British cavalry officer Major Summerford was fighting in the fields of Flanders in the last year of WWI, a flash of lightning knocked him off his horse and paralysed him from his waist down. He moved to Vancouver, Canada. Six years later, whilst out fishing, he was struck by lightning again and the right side of his body became paralysed. After two years of recovery he was out in a local park when a summer storm blew up and Major Summerfield was struck by lightning again permanently paralysing him. He died two years after this incident. Amazing fact is that four years after his death, his stone tomb was destroyed as it was struck by lightning!
- A German mother who photographed her infant son in 1914 left the film to be developed at a store in Strasbourg. World War I broke out and unable to return to Strasbourg, the woman gave up the picture for lost. Two years later she bought a film plate in Frankfurt, over 100 miles away, to take a picture of her newborn daughter. When developed the film turned out to be a double exposure, with the picture of her daughter superimposed on the earlier picture of her son. Amazingly through some incredible twist of fate, her original film, never developed, had been mislabeled as unused, and had eventually been resold to her.
- As per Stephen Hawking the Physicist , if the density of the universe one second after the Big Bang had been greater by one part in a thousand billion, the universe would have recollapsed after ten years. On the other hand, if the density of the universe at that time had been less by the same amount, the universe would have been essentially empty when it was about ten years old. Existence of the world we live in is an amazing example of an extraordinary coincidence.
- The Sun’s distance from Earth is 400 times the Moon distance, and the Sun’s diameter is 400 times the diameter of the Moon. Because of this amazing coincidence we experience a total eclipse. No other known planet has total eclipses and at some point in the future they won’t occur on Earth either.
- This is amazing story of the twin brothers, Jim Lewis and Jim Springer separated at birth and adopted by different families. Both families named the boys James and both sought law enforcement training. Both had abilities in mechanical drawing and carpentry and each married women named Linda. Both had sons, one of whom was named James Alan and the other named James Allan. Both twins also divorced their wives and married other women, both named Betty. Also they both owned dogs which they named Toy.
- On May 17, 1882, solar eclipse observers in Egypt were greatly surprised when they saw a bright streak near the Sun once the totality began. By amazing coincidence, the eclipse had coincided with the perihelion passage (The closest point to the Sun in an orbit) of a Kreutz comet. Comet would otherwise be unnoticed.
- In Monza, Italy, King Umberto I, went to a small restaurant for dinner, accompanied by his aide-de-camp, General Emilio Ponzia- Vaglia. When the owner took King Umberto’s order, the King noticed that he and the restaurant owner were amazing virtual doubles. They found that both were born on the same day (March 14th, 1844) in the same town and had married a woman with same name, Margherita. Restaurant owner had opened his restaurant on the same day that King Umberto was crowned King of Italy. Amazing fact is that on the 29th July 1900, King Umberto was informed that the restauranteur had died that day in a mysterious shooting accident and as he expressed his regret, he was assassinated by an anarchist in the crowd.
- A promising author was disturbed to find his manuscript on his front lawn. It was the manuscript he had given to his publisher hopeful of publication but apparently it had just been thrown disrespectfully over his front yard fence. He called the publisher and demanded the explanation. The publisher explained that manuscript was impressive and she wanted to publish it but while she was dining at a restaurant, thieves broke into her car and stole several things including the manuscript. Keeping the valuables, the thieves later just tossed the manuscript away, over a fence right into the author’s front yard!
By Amazing Facts 4U Team