15 Engrossing Facts | Amazing Facts 4U
- A man in Japan noticed his food going missing. He set up a webcam and amazingly found that a woman had been living in his closet for a year.
- At 4400 words, the United States has in fact the oldest and shortest written Constitution of any major government in the world.
- The British king or queen has two birthdays: their real birth date and one assigned to them during the summer, to ensure better weather for the parade.
- 14 of the world’s 25 largest stadiums belong to American college football teams.
- Thai prisoners are released early if they take part in special kick boxing matches against foreigners.
- Amazingly mobile phones often have two completely different phone numbers attached to them, which are both usable. One is the one you think your number is and the other is called a Mobile Identification Number (MIN), a number your carrier in fact uses to identify you.
- A 120-meter-deep, 17th-Century salt mine in Romania has been converted into the world’s largest salt mining museum and amusement park, complete with a Ferris wheel, an amphitheater, light shows on the rock walls and boat rides on a subterranean lake.
- 98% of Antarctica is covered by ice that is 1 mile thick.
- Upon their return to Earth, the Apollo 11 crew members were quarantined in a special facility for 21 days just to be sure they didn’t bring back any germs from the moon.
- The human heart can now be permanently replaced with an artificial turbine created Scientists at the Texas Heart Institute. It causes a constant flow of blood rather than a pulse.
- The Pillars of Creation, a nebula 7,000 light years away, was destroyed by supernova 6,000 years ago. In a thousand years, we will see it destroyed as it takes 7,000 years for the light to reach Earth.
- Congressional approval for the first Gulf War was effected by the testimony of a Kuwaiti nurse, who claimed to have witnessed Iraqi soldiers pulling babies out of incubators and throwing them on the floor to die. This never happened. The nurse was not a nurse. She was coached by a PR firm.
- For each word he said in Terminator 2, Arnold Schwarzenegger was paid $21,429.
- Costa Rica abolished its military and redirected the military budget toward healthcare, education and environmental protection over 65 years ago.
- There is an underwater island nearly Sicily where divers have planted a flag in for when it breaches to the surface they can claim it.
By Amazing Facts 4U Team